North DMC (Delhi Municipal Corporation) Medical College is one of the total three Medical Colleges being run in India by the Municipal Corporations.
Dr Alka Puri is a regular (SAG) Senior Administrative Grade Officer working with MCD, Hindu Rao Hospital since Nov 1983 till date and is a Consultant gynaecologist.
During establishment of Medical College by North DMC in year 2012-13, she was designated as CMO Academic (MC) by Commissioner, North DMC & Chairman, Project Management Committee (Addl Comm. Health & Finance-North). These duties were assigned to her in addition to her regular duties in Gynae department.
• She was in the Core team of Project Management Committee and played key role in establishment of this Medical College as per MCI guidelines in close association with higher authorities. She was an integral part in teaching and nonteaching recruitments, infrastructure development like establishment of non clinical and para-clinical departments, UG laboratories, Lecture theatres, Laboratories, up gradation of UG MBBS Hostels, equipment installations, Medical Library etc strictly in accordance with MCI guidelines, which is the statutory body in India.
• The yearly admission process of fifty MBBS students allotted to North DMC Medical College by GGSIP University was carried out by CMO Academics. She maintained the records, portfolios and personal files of each MBBS student.
• She was the main correspondent for Annual Academic Audit and yearly Affiliation process of North DMC Medical College with GGSIP University, under direct supervision of Dean, Medical College.
• During Annual MCI approvals of North DMC Medical College, by laisoning with engineering department, with different clinical, preclinical and paraclinical departments to meet the MCI standards, getting hospital statistics records, students admission & academic records, clinical data records etc was maintained by CMO Academics (MC) and CMO Admin (MC).
• Dr Alka Puri & her team has been compiling and maintaining the results of each semester internal examinations of different MBBS batches (2013, 2014) along with their attendance and academic records in hard as well as soft copy.
• The internal assessment and attendance percentages of students were regularly intimated to the parents, through emails/speed post, on a regular basis to keep the parents well informed and keep an open feedback system.
• Compiling, maintenance and record keeping of Internal Assessment results of the Professional exam going batches was also managed by CMO Academics and her office team.
• Dr Alka Puri is Supervisor for Girls MBBS UG Hostel and infrastructure maintenance, security and discipline of the hostel is managed by her and Warden, Girls hostel.
• Dr Alka Puri is the member of ‘College Council Committee, ‘Hostel Allotment Committee’, ‘Hostel Management Committee’ and ‘Women Grievance Redressal Cell’.