North DMC (Delhi Municipal Corporation) Medical College is one of the total three Medical Colleges being run in India by the Municipal Corporations.
• Professor Dr Chanderlekha
• Assistant Professor Dr Anshumali
• Assistant Professor Dr Shivali Panwar
Total number of operating tables are 19
Department is providing anaesthesia services to following surgical disciplines:
1. General surgery, urosurgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, ENT, Dental and Ophthalmology
2. Pre anaesthetic clinic daily
3. Provides Pain services on demand
• Emergency services are provided in 2 operating tables round the clock
HDU is 4 bedded looked after by the department
• ICU is 8 bedded with all support system and managing the patients of all disciplines of medicine.
She did her MBBS & MD from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow (1972 & 1975 respectively). She joined as lecturer in M.L.N Medical College Allahabad -1976-1980. Later she joined AIIMS as Assist. Professor and occupied the position Professor & Head of the department from 2004 till Feb 2015. Presently she has joined North DMC Medical College as professor of Anaesthesia (March 2015 till date).
She has 71 publications, completed 28 research projects, delivered 41 Guest lectures and 2 orations and has 16 cheaters in books. Her area of interest is Anaesthesia for organ transplantation & intensive care. she had been EXAMINER and Expert to various national and international Universities, selection committee member for various universities, UPSC, and state universities.
She was Nominated by MOH and FW and AIIMS for various policy making committees of the country.
She Attended and organised many national and international conferences and presented scientific research papers.
She was nominated as key faculty for starting JPNATC AIIMS ND and NEIGRIMS Shillong with others.
She started P.G. teaching on human patient simulation system, first in the country and learning various skills practised on a patient in skill's lab on manniquins.
She developed Intensive care unit with all advance monitoring and ventilatory devices-recognised for its excellence.